|Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa
Grilling doesn't have to mean heavy. Keep your energy high and enjoy the patio well into the night with this healthy, quick, and easy recipe. Tender salmon with cilantro, lime, avocado and tomato salsa. Yum! This healthy meal is bursting with flavour, colour, and texture and is ready in under 20 minutes!
Cooking salmon for dinner is always convenient because it cooks very fast and makes a healthy dinner in minutes. One of the biggest mistakes people make when cooking salmon is over-cooking it. Salmon is very delicate and can easily over-cook. The trick to making perfectly cooked salmon is to season it well and cook it on medium-high just until almost cooked through. It will continue to cook after it is removed from the heat.
For this recipe, the salmon is coated with a chili, garlic, cilantro and olive oil rub. It can then be grilled just until the outside is nice and crispy. You can use skin on or off depending on your preference. To make this a complete dish, the salmon is topped with a flavor-packed avocado and tomato salsa. The salsa comes together in minutes and makes a great addition to the salmon. Serve the salmon and avocado with rice, on salad greens or all by itself.
For the avocado salsa:
- 2 4-6 oz salmon fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced or crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 ripe avocado pitted and diced
- 1/2 cup tomato diced (any type of tomato)
- 2 tablespoons onion diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Stir the olive oil, garlic, and spices in a small bowl. Brush or rub salmon with the spice mixture.
- Heat the grill on medium-high heat. Add salmon to the grill and cook for 5-6 minutes per side. Remove from grill, top with avocado salsa and serve immediately.
- To make the avocado salsa: Add the avocado, tomato, onion, and cilantro to a large mixing bowl. Drizzle with olive oil, fresh lime juice and a pinch of salt and pepper. Gently mix with a spoon until fully combined. Cover with plastic wrap until ready to serve.
*This recipe makes two servings. To make more, double or triple the recipe as needed.
Recipe Courtesy of: gimmedelicious.com
What's New in our office?
Stay up to date with what's happening in our office!
Your comfort matters
We take great care to ensure you feel no anxiety in our office.